Consumer Directed Services promotes Independent Living for Seniors & Adults with Disabilities:
Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) programs are funded through the Department of Health and Senior Services, intended to provide necessary assistance in meeting the unmet needs of seniors and adults with disabilities and enable the individuals to remain in the least restrictive environment.
HCBS consists of two separate programs:
1.) Consumer Directed Services (CDS)
2.) In-Home Services (IHS)
The HCBS programs are operated by three state agencies:
- Missouri Department of Social Services (DSS), MO HealthNet Division (MHD). MHD is the single state Medicaid agency responsible for administering the Medicaid program, including HCBS programs.
- Missouri Department of Social Services, Missouri Medicaid Audit and Compliance Unit (MMAC). MMAC is responsible for determining potential business entities’ eligibility to participate in HCBS programs as a Medicaid provider.
- Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS), Division of Senior and Disability Services (DSDS). DSDS is responsible for assessing and authorizing HCBS services for eligible participants.
American Veterans Care Connection (Affiliate)
“Aid & Attendance” is a Non-Service Connected Pension which provides assistance with activities of daily living – home care – to veterans or their surviving spouses.
Qualifying hinges on “3 Ms”:
- Military – Active service during wartime with an honorable discharge;
- Medical – A chronic illness or condition;
- Money – Limited financial resources in relation to medical expenses.
Applying for the pension, with all the documentation the VA requires, can be overwhelming for a disabled senior. American Veterans Care Connection guides clients through the process and helps obtain necessary documents from physicians, municipal offices and the military.
You Probably Know Someone We Can Help
Our mission is to assist veterans who have protected our freedom to stay in their homes and live with dignity. We treat every client with respect, and work tirelessly to help them get the benefits they’ve earned and the care they need.
***American Veterans Care Connection is not a government agency and is not affiliated with the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Contact Us Today!
Angel's Direct In Home Health Care CDS, LLC is an equal opportunity Provider. We serve clients without regard to age, complexion, creed, national origin, ethnicity, race, religion or sexual orientation.